Effective Date: July 24, 2020
You may choose to provide your personal information to us through the Site. Personal information is information that you provide us through the website that could reasonably be used to identify you. Other information collected that cannot be used to identify an individual is deemed anonymous. Any anonymous information linked with personal information, will be treated as personal information. We ask that you do not disclose any sensitive personal information to us via the Site, including social security numbers, credit card information, and any information relating to race, ethnicity, health, religion, political opinions, criminal background, or memberships with a trade union.
How We Collect Information
Information may be collected from you in multiple ways.
• Personal information may be submitted through the Site by you using email or through form submission.
• Personal information may be submitted when you accept invitations and sign up for events, alerts, newsletters, blogs, information updates, and webinars. for events we host or sponsor.
Your personal information may be used to communicate with you in response to your requests or submissions. Your personal information may also be used to communicate with you about subjects and events we feel might be of interest to you.
Web beacons and similar technology may be used in HTML emails sent to you that determine if emails have been opened by the recipients and/or links have been clicked. Information collected in this way may be in a form that is personally identifiable.
Other non-personal information may be collected.
• Cookies and similar technology may be used in automated collection of information. A cookie is a small data file that gets stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies will automatically identify your computer when it is used to visit the Site. Cookies collect information on how many visitors come to the Site, the pages accessed on the Site, and how many times a visitors has been on certain pages. Improvements to the Site and functionality of the Site may be based on data collected from cookies.
• Web beacons and similar technology may be used in automated collection of information. A web beacon is a tool that connects web pages to web servers and transmits information for tracking purposes. Web beacons or similar tools may be used to analyze the traffic patterns on the website, such as the date, time, and frequency with which users visit various parts of the Site. Other automated information may be collected such as your internet protocol (IP) address, your geographic region, the website from which you visited us, your device type, your type of browser being used, search terms you used to find the Site, search terms used on the Site, and duration of time spent on the Site.
Automated information collected may by transmitted directly to us, or to another party collecting information on our behalf.
Information that is collected through automated means serves multiple purposes. Automated data is used to analyze Site usage, Site traffic, and the geographic locations of visitors. This data is also used to analyze visitor experience, to improve visitor experience, and to assist with Site administration and improvements.
Use of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used for multiple business purposes.
• To respond to your communications, including sending requested newsletters or publications or registrations for events.
• To provide administrative information, such as information regarding changes to the Site, the Site’s contents, as well as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
• To keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, which may be used to respond to you, if you contact us through the Site.
• To provide you with requested information and services.
• For our business purposes, such as data analysis, improving or modifying the Site or services, identifying usage trends, and determining marketing effectiveness.
• For the purpose of administrative audits, and for improving the Site or services.
• To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
• To respond to requests from government and public authorities.
• To protect against fraud.
• To protect rights, privacy, safety or property.
• To protect and defend our legal rights and responsibilities.
We do not disclose personal information that is collected through our Site to third parties for their marketing purposes.
Your personal information may be provided to third parties for multiple purposes. They may have access to personally identifiable information in connection with the performance of their functions.
• Your information may be provided to fulfill the purpose for which it was provided.
• We may identify you to those individuals to whom you message through the Site.
• Your information may be available to third-party service providers. These individuals or businesses may perform functions on our behalf, including website analysis, website hosting, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, information technology support and related infrastructure, automated email marketing, email security and archiving, billing and collections, auditing and other services related to the proper function and management of the Site/Business.
• Your information may be disclosed to the other parties of the transaction in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or a portion of our business assets or equity.
How We Protect Personal Information
We seek to use reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protect the security, integrity, and privacy of the personal information that we may collect through our Site. We cannot warrant or guarantee the security of your personal information as no data transmission or data storage can be guaranteed as being completely secure. If you believe that any interaction with us is not secure, please notify us by using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section.
Links to Other Websites
Policy Concerning Children
This website is not intended for children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect information from them on this Site. Information for users under the age of 16 should not be submitted.
We are located in the United States. Your personal information may be stored or processed in a country outside of the United States. By submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storage or processing of information outside your country of residence which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
If you live outside of the United States, you are aware that the United States may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. Under certain conditions, law enforcement agencies, courts, regulatory agencies or security authorities may be legally entitled to access your personal information.
Your browser can be set to refuse all or some browser cookies. If cookies are disabled, some parts of this Site may then be inaccessible or not function properly. Our Site may not respond to do-not-track signals that are received from your browser.
Opt-Out and Removal of Information
You have the option to opt-out, unsubscribe, or change the frequency of non-mandatory communications we send you, such as updates, newsletters, and other such communications. Instructions for opting-out will either be provided on the communication, or you may contact us as provided in the section below labeled “Contact Us.”
You can request to correct, update, or change your personal information by contacting us as provided below in the “Contact Us” section.
You can request to have any personal information you submitted via the Site removed from Site databases. Due to backups and records of deletions, your personal information may not be removed completely. Depending upon the circumstance, proof of identity may be required to ensure that your request relates to your own personal information. You may contact us as provided in the section below labeled “Contact Us.”
We ask that you do not submit information of a sensitive nature through this website. Sensitive information may include social security numbers, financial account information, race, ethnicity, political opinions, religion, health information, criminal background, or trade union membership. If you believe it is necessary to provide this type of information to us, please contact us for further guidance.
Forums, Comments, and Message Boards
This Site may make forums, commenting, and message boards available to the Site’s users. Posting personal information is not required when using these areas. Posting personal information online will make that information publicly available to other parties. In addition, when you post a comment through a mobile application, the user name with which you registered for the website and your current location may be made publicly available on the website and through the mobile application. By using the commenting features of the website or mobile application, you acknowledge that your user name and location information will be disclosed, and that any information you make public may be used by outside parties in ways that violate your privacy. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public and we cannot guarantee that we’ll be able to remove any information from the Site once you choose to make it public.
No Professional Advice Through the Site
The information presented on our website is provided as a courtesy and is not intended to replace professional advice. If you have problems or concerns, you should consult the appropriate professional to obtain information and recommendations that are specific to your situation. Users of this Site acknowledge and agree that Site owners and affiliates are not responsible or liable for any claim, loss, or damage arising from the information provided on this website.
Darby Smith Law Office
Norton Commons , 9301 Dayflower ST, Prospect, KY 40059